October 31, 2019
For 20 years, Paraben has brought continuous innovation to digital data forensics. We are proud to continue providing cutting edge solutions. The E3 2.4 release allows you to power through your examinations with Paraben’s E3 multi-acquisition support. Now you can acquire multiple mobile devices simultaneously with the only limitation being the number of USB ports available on your system. Now labs will be able to process through devices quickly to move onto the analysis stage. With Paraben’s tiered system using E3:Viewer many different investigators can look at evidence as fast as it can be produced starting at only $699.00 a license.
Retrieve even more data and be able to bypass lock codes with the new with a physical acquisition of Android devices with Qualcomm chips. Now even more devices can be lock bypassed with Paraben’s E3 Platform technology. Also in version 2.4 OSINT investigators can access social media backups to further your investigation with the ability to process from archived downloads from popular social media accounts, for example, from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Triage more data on your computer investigations with our added support to Windows 10 registry keys.
- Hard Drive Forensics Features:
- Social media backup evidence is available for adding to E3 now. A social media backup is an archive with the user account data generated and downloaded directly from the social media accounts, for example, from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Watch for new mini-book about how to capture this data.
- New Windows 10 registry keys and values have been added to the existing and new categories of the Data Triage.
- Microsoft Outlook Group Storage Files (.nst) associated with Office365 are supported now.
- Potential issue with the disk images parsing has been fixed.
- Potential issue with E3 crash during the content analysis of OST mailstorage evidence has been fixed.
- Possible issue with out of memory crash during the generation of report containing the Data Triage data has been fixed.
Mobile Data Acquisition/Parsing Changes:
- The ability to acquire multiple devices simultaneously has been added. Now you can drastically reduce your time spent for successive acquisition of devices as this feature allows you to acquire different devices in different combinations at one time, regardless of their type and number. The number of devices is only limited by the connections available by the direct ports of the machine.
- New Android Qualcomm EDL (physical) plug-in is available now. It can be used for physical acquisition of devices with Qualcomm processors being put into the EDL mode. Full bypass of encryption of the device is available with this option.
- Support of iOS 13 has been added.
- Support of Android 10 has been added.
- Potential issue with SMS acquisition from Android devices has been fixed.
- Potential issue with SMS parsing in imported BlackBerry 10 backups has been fixed.
- Potential issue with obtaining the authentication data during physical acquisition of Android devices has been fixed.
Multi-Device acquisition can be a game changer for a lab. They won’t have a backlog when it comes to doing 4-6 devices at a time and with the affordable price for E3 you can easily setup acquisition stations.
-Commented Kevin Fisher, Senior Technical Support Engineer
About Paraben Corporation:
Founded in 1999 Paraben has been innovating technology for 20 years. In 2001 Paraben released the first foundation solution for mobile devices, smartphones, email, and gaming system forensics. Paraben has been forging new approaches for dealing with digital evidence. Paraben’s focus on mobility led to many other areas of innovation, including the research and development into the Internet of Things (IoT) with the Forensics of EverythingTM (FoE). Paraben supports logical and physical images with mobile devices and supports 100% of smartphones on the market. In addition, Paraben can add to an existing arsenal with specialized tools for unique data, such as network email servers, local email archives, internet related data, and gaming systems. Paraben provides software with a unified vision and interface for dealing with all types of digital data. From start-to-finish, Paraben offers solutions that can build new capabilities into any digital investigation.
In the season of shopping, many of you might be considering shopping for new tools for your labs. I stepped back to put this together because as I shop for tools for our lab, I don’t judge on the same standard that I do as a tool producer. I, however, always do my due...
There are so few people on the planet now that don’t have something to do with Google. With parents selecting Gmail accounts for their kids prior to being born to the proliferation of Google in the classroom the searching giant is everywhere. With this level of...
Paraben releases new DP2C-Deployable Paraben Powered Collector software. DP2C is a data triage and bitstream imaging tool for the collection of data from computers and hard drives. This update to the DP2C software is exciting because it allows users to install the...