What's New with E3 2.8E3 version 2.8 BRONZE EDITION
E3 version 2.8 is now available!
Take a look at all the exciting changes in the latest release of the E3 Forensic Platform.
New Online Training
Mobile Data Triage
Walking into a situation where you need data fast from a smartphone you need to know you have what you need to customize your acquisition. The new Mobile Data Triage wizard lets you set up quick collection options, save preferences for your organization, and get your data fast.
Computer Forensic Updates
The computer forensic portion of the E3 Forensic Platform covers a broad range of data. For the 2.8 release these are some of the highlights:
- New categories have been added to the Data Triage:
- Authentication Data category displaying Discord authentication data, which can be exported to the AuthData.bin file and used for authentication during Discord cloud data import
- System Data Files category displaying pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys files
- Registry category including the following subcategories:
- New Full Registry subcategory displaying all data available in the Windows registry of the definite PC
- Existing Parsed Registry Data and Incident Response
- A new portion of Windows registry keys has been added to the existing subcategories of the Parsed Registry Data and Incident Response categories of the Data Triage, namely, Explorer, Devices, Network Connections, Security, Programs, Users Info, and Auto-run.
New iOS App Parsing
- Facebook Messenger
Smartphone forensics is constantly changing and new innovations are needed to tackle those challenges.
Now supporting 35,397 different device profiles
Here is what has been updated in the 2.8 release:
- iOS/iPadOS backup encryption can be enabled on the device before its logical acquisition without using the third-party tools and disabled automatically when the acquisition finishes.
- Now you can create your templates of feature sets and use them during the logical acquisition of autodetected Android devices.
- ADB Backup feature in the Acquisition Wizard has been updated.
- Import of Discord application data using the AuthData file is supported now. The Discord authentication data detected on the system disk or disk image can be easily exported from the Authentication Data category of the Data Triage.
Watch the video on the recovery done with credentials from the system.
Mobile Fast Track Training ONLINE
With all the changes in the world, it is time to change the way we train. Paraben will now be offering the 3-day Mobile Fast Track training 100% online. This class will focus on Android and iOS acquisitions and the fundamentals of both firmwares. The focus will be done on acquisitions as well as analysis of the data associated with these smart devices. Two enrollment options are available for the course.
- 100% online self-paced
- Date enrollment where the instructor for the course is available online in chat during course times from 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern to help with questions and labs.
- Check out the training page for more details and the course outline on this course.
Prior Release Notes
Take a look at all the innovations that have gone into the E3 Forensic Platform.