E3 Platform 2.7 Release Day!
Enjoy the exciting new features in the 2.7 release of the E3 Forensic Platform
Hard Drive Forensics Features
- New support of the exFAT file system has been added. This feature allows investigating logical disks and disk images with the exFAT file system.
- New sub-categories have been added to the Parsed Registry Data category in the Data Triage. They include:
- Windows Search
- Control Panel
- New portion of Windows 10 registry keys has been added to the existing sub-categories of the Parsed Registry Data category of the Data Triage, namely, SAM, Explorer, and Applications.
- Full disk images of memory cards/mass storages are now created by default during the acquisition. You need to double-click the disk image in E3 to get access to full file system received from the memory card/mass storage including the deleted files.
Cloud Data Features
- New import of the Slack application data has been added. This feature is available in E3:UNIVERSAL and E3:P2C packages and allows cloud importing the following data:
- Member list
- Channel messages including message threads
- Direct messages
- Message attachments.
- Possible issues with Gmail and Google Drive accounts authorization during the cloud data import have been resolved.
Mobile Forensics Features
- New iOS 14 support has been added for logical acquisition and backup import (both encrypted and not-encrypted).
- New Android 11 support has been added for logical acquisition.
- Acquisition of SD cards with exFAT file system is available through the Memory Card (physical)
- Parsing of the exFAT partition in device memory dumps, for example, JTAG Memory dumps, has been added.
Advanced Data Analysis Features
- New search for emojis in all types of evidence has been added to the Advanced search. You can use the embedded emoji picker to quickly define the search expression.
- New Image Analyzer improvements:
- Two new categories, Alcohol and Gambling, have been added.
- General analysis algorithms have been improved to minimize the number of false positives and negatives.
- The License Activation Wizard interface has been improved to make the licensing process easier.
- New Emoji displaying in E3 interface has been improved. Now you can see emoji symbols in grids, Properties, and Email Viewer.
- E3 mobile data case has been changed:
- E3 mobile data case has been renamed to E3 data case
- .ds case format has been changed to. e3d The files in the .ds format are still supported.
- Minor GUI improvements for better user-experience have been made.
- Overall stability has been improved.